Heart Reflections Live

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Week of Secondhand Bargains!

We've had a great week with regard to secondhand thrift shopping. My husband started it all by going to a community garage sale, where he got some fantastic children's vintage books in really good condition, a vintage weet-bix tin for me, and some baking tins and a vegie cutter that looked like they were probably from the 1970's. Old is something we value in our home. They sure don't make things like they used to.

The following Thursday we spent most of a day op-shopping in our nearest large town. We scoured 5 different shops, finding some dress shirts and other stuff for hubby, a gorgeous designer label dress and matching hat for our older daughter, a rainbow cardigan for Miss 3 and yours truly scored a near new pair of black mocassins, 3 long skirts (I love long skirts) and some more vintage books. I'll try to do a post soon with a photo of some of the children's books we've found lately.

It was a very productive day, and instead of supporting the multi-nationals, it was nice to know that the Salvation Army, St Vincent de Paul, children overseas with cleft palates,Global Care and the Baptist Church all benefitted as well.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 2:36 pm

1 Comments:

Hi, I came across your blog and I like communicating with fellow christian friends, so feel free to comment mine anytime! I love thrift stores! There great and yard sales I just lovee!! God bless
Jennifer

6:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home