Heart Reflections Live

Monday, December 03, 2007

Talitha's Unplanned Musical Debut!!

I haven't got a photo to show you for this one, as it caught us all by surprise, but here's what happened Saturday night...

We went to a fund-raising concert in our local town hall to raise money for the hall which we hire for our Sunday church services. It was an Australian themed night with bush poets, school and town choirs, comedy singers, bands and a Dad n Dave Comedy play. Intermission was coming to an end, and I was finishing off from helping serve desserts in the kitchen, when I heard the M.C. announce something, and then I heard my eldest daughter's voice clear and confident in the microphone singing the hymn "Holy, Holy, Holy"! I rushed round the corner to see her finish her shortened version to an enthusiastic audience.

I was so proud of her, but also humbled when she shared how it all came about. The M.C. came up to her asked her name, and if she'd like to sing a song. She said yes of course. I asked later why she had picked "Holy, Holy, Holy", and she said that she was looking and listening to all the people standing and talking outside during intermission and she said that none of them seemed to know Jesus and they were all talking about bad stuff and she felt she needed to sing "Holy, Holy, Holy".

Oh, how I pray she'll always desire to be salt and light in this fallen world. People came up to us afterward and were really touched by her performance. Standing up for righteousness and Holiness in a world that is neither, takes courage and guts. Saturday night she showed us that with the Holy Spirit's help, she can have both.

Labels: , ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 8:54 pm

1 Comments:

Yeah, Talitha - such courage! Holy, Holy, Holy is one of my favorite hymns.

4:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home