Heart Reflections Live

Friday, April 02, 2010

He Looked Beyond the Cross and Saw My Need...


Verse
Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise,
for it was grace that brought my liberty;
I do not know just why He came to love me so,
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.

Chorus
I shall forever lift mine eyes to Calvary,
to view the cross where Jesus died for me,
how marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul;
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.


This short but beautiful hymn was penned by the late Dottie Rambo. She was a renouned southern gospel singer and song writer. The hymn is meant to be sung to the tune of Danny Boy/ The Londonderry Air and has a lovely tender story behind it.

In 1970, Dottie began writing a song about the grace of God, but was unable to finish it. When her older brother was hospitalized with cancer and told that he had only weeks to live, Dottie sat by his bedside and ministered to him. Within a few days, she persuaded him to marry the woman who had borne him five children. Dottie read the Bible to him and prayed with him. One day, after singing at a concert, she returned to ask: “Have you given your life to Jesus since I’ve been gone?”

Eddie, 37, stared at her with sad eyes. “After the wicked life I’ve lived, the Lord won’t raise a person like me,” he muttered. He reminded her of his time in jail and his addiction to drugs and alcohol.

“The Lord left the 99 to bring a lost sheep like you back to the fold,” Dottie told him. She continued to pray for his salvation. Then she went home and finished “He Looked Beyond My Fault.” For years Jimmie Davis, the southern gospel singer and former Louisiana governor, had asked her to write a song to the tune of “Danny Boy.” With this song, she finally discovered the inspiration. Later that day, she returned to the hospital to sing the song to Eddie.

This Easter weekend, I just wanted to say, that if you are reading this, and you don't think God would ever want you because of the life you've led, I want you to know that He died for YOUR sins too. All you have to do is acknowledge them to Him, repent from them ( be sorry, turning away from them), and ask Him to become your Lord and Saviour. He will NOT turn you away.
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 2:22 pm

1 Comments:

It is so good that Jesus can save whosoever will come to Him!

Great post.

1:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home