Heart Reflections Live

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A Mothers' Worth

I had to sing a lullaby
While the world slept peacefully,
To bring to mind the wakeful nights
That Mother spent with me.

I had to climb the stair at dusk
With sleepy children too,
To know how weary she was when
Her busy day was through.

I had to make decisions that
Brought many heavy sighs,
The way she disenchanted dreams
Of mine that were unwise.

No dearer Mother, I was sure,
Had ever graced the Earth,
But I had to be a Mother too,
To truly know her worth.

by Guelda Nieboer Klooster

Labels: ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 12:24 pm

2 Comments:

Hi Claire,

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for commenting! :) Glad to know you like Charles Spurgeon as well. I love your blog...it looks beautiful. And I love your entries, too, it shows you're a dedicated Christian wife and mother. Thanks for sharing this lovely poem on A Mother's Worth. :)

May our wonderful God continue to bless you and your family with His wonderful grace!

4:41 am  

Lovely to have you visit here,Jessica.Your blog title caught my eye,as I'm a direct descendant of John Bunyan, through my paternal Grandfather,and our family likes reading lots of "old stuff" too.
Blessings,
Claire

10:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home