Heart Reflections Live

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Reflecting on Good Friday

This was my late Pop's (Paternal Grandfather) favourite hymn- when I think of Christ crucified, I think it says it all...

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it Lord, that I should boast, Save in the death of Christ, my God:
All the vain things that charm me most, I sacrifice them to His blood.

See, from His head, His hands, His feet, Sorrow and love flow mingled down:
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine, That were an offering far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine, Demands my soul, my life, my all.

by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748

Labels: ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 12:16 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home