Heart Reflections Live

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Return to Righteousness, Australia



Well, it's an election year for Australians again, and I really want to urge my Christian readers to pray for our leaders at this time and for righteousness to reign in our land. We need the convicting rain of The Holy Spirit just as much as we need rain of the wet sort to soak our parched land.

We have 2 men vying for top job as Prime Minister, both claiming to be Christian. Unfortunately, I'm sure many of you have heard of Opposition leader Kevin Rudd's embarrassing episode in a New York strip club, while intoxicated, while on a tax payer funded trip to the States. Now normally I wouldn't mention something this unsavoury on my blog, but I've been so dissappointed by the Australian voice in response to this on many of our talkback news programs- so many Aussie's are simply laughing it off! Now, I'm not having a shot at Rudd personally here. It would have been very embarrassing for him & his family, & if he has sincerely repented of this before the Lord, then he'll be forgiven. But from a professional point of view, this should never have happened. If it had happened to some one with a lesser political position , I wonder if he would have been sacked from the job, if not severely rebuked.

Australia needs a leader willing to stand up for righteousness- willing to uphold personally & professionally the Christian Heritage & values on which this nation was founded.

By the way, every Australian needs to read the book pictured at the top of this page! It will challenge much of what you may have learned in history at school, especially if you are under 45 years old! I would like to see "Discovering Australia's Christian Heritage" by Col Stringer in every school library across this land!

Returning to the Kevin Rudd incident, I was most impressed by Prime Minister John Howard's quiet refusal to comment on it, as he was asked during a typical busy day running our country.

I will finish with 2 scriptures to contemplate:

PROVERBS 31:3 " Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings."

1 THESSALONIANS 5:22 " Abstain from all appearance of evil."

Labels: ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 9:23 am

2 Comments:

I have never seen this book. Can you tell me where it is available. I am a homeschooling mother in NSW and would welcome a resource that gives a different viewpoint on our heritage.

Many thanks, Mrs MacKenzie

10:57 am  

Mrs Mackenzie,
I purchased this book about 8 years ago now, from the "Koorong" chain of Christian Bookshops.I believe it's still easily available. Col Stringer has also a few other books & DVD's available on Australian history too.They sometimes play them at chapel for the older students at our daughter's Christian school.
If you haven't a store near you try: www.koorong.com
God bless
Claire

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home