Heart Reflections Live

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I recommend... The John Bunyan Story



With the Children & I being a direct descendants of John Bunyan, it's important for us to pass on the knowledge of this to our children. We are very much interested in passing our heritage down to our children. So when we saw this at our local Christian Bookshop a couple of weeks ago- we grabbed it- & it's fantastic!

Our children both love it , especially 3 year old Zara, who keeps asking to watch it & who now shows visitors John Bunyan's picture on one of his biographies we have. The DVD is not just for the littlies. As well as the half-hour cartoon, it has a very lengthy interesting documentary for grown-ups as well. In a day when so much of the kid's stuff in the Christian Bookshops is a bit silly & fluffy, this is a standout. The other Torchlighter DVD's sound pretty good too.

We've been collecting some John Bunyan books to share with the girls when they are older & so far have Pilgrims Progress, The Holy War, a beautiful picture book my auntie gave me with a summary of the Pilgrim's Progress in it from the John Bunyan Museum in Bedford, Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners & 2 biographies.

Every Christian today needs to read Pilgrims Progress & other historic Christian works. They will strengthen your faith in a way that a lot of modern stuff won't.

I'm just waiting for my little ones to start playing Pilgrims Progress, just like Meg, Jo, Beth & Amy in the "Little Women" series. ( Yes, I'm a Louisa May Alcott fan too!). They love to play out the stories we read.

Labels: , ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 9:49 am

2 Comments:

I think you would enjoy reading aloud Helen Taylor's adaption "Little Pilgrim's Progress." It's lovely in the way it is written, true to the spirit of John Bunyan, even though it is an adaptation. I've read it aloud several times to my children, and never fail to tear up at some point along the way. . .

2:54 pm  

Thankyou for this. I'll have a look for it next time I'm at the Christian Bookstore!
God Bless
Claire

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home