Heart Reflections Live

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

You Must See "Amazing Grace"!!!



It takes the promise of a really good, edifying movie to get my husband & I to the cinema. In the past 5 years we have only been to see "The Passion of the Christ", "Finding Neverland", "The Phantom of the Opera", "The Search for Happyness" & now "Amazing Grace".

We'd been much anticipating its release here in Australia, after seeing the trailer, when first released overseas, & I must say we were not disappointed. It was one of the best Christian orientated movies we have ever seen.

Amazing Grace is one of our favourite hymns, & it gave added dimension to my faith, when years ago I studied the life & testimony of John Newton & his transformation from cruel slave trader to humble Pastor. I knew little about William Wilberforce however, except that God used him to put an end to the slave trade in England. This movie filled in the blanks for me.

I won't spoil it for you but I'll just say that the plot is gripping- never boring, Christ & His redemptive work is exalted, the characterisations & acting are beautiful & sensitively portrayed, & it will ignite in you a passion to change the world for Christ. The ending is powerful- take plenty of kleenex! We'll definately be getting the DVD.

I think it's time for a new Reformation... Have you seen "Amazing Grace"? How did it affect you?

Labels: , , ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 9:31 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home