Heart Reflections Live

Monday, October 15, 2007

Homeschool Advice- Help Wanted

We are prayerfully considering a change next year in our daughter's schooling and Christian Homeschooling is one of the options we are looking at.

I've been checking out some free curriculums online such as http://oldfashionededucation.com/ I like curriculums with lots of reading-especially classics, the King James Bible, and a Creation Science perspective. This is an American curriculum, but we are willing to supplement it with Australian material.
I would appreciate some advice from Australian Homeschoolers, especially on the legalities of doing this. It doesn't bother us if there is no official accreditation at the end, so long as our children have a good education, but, we want whatever we decide to do to be legal. I am searching the net for such information now, but really don't know where to start. I like methods such as classical (like the Trivium Pursuit website) and the Charlotte Mason method, but want to keep our costs as low as possible. We already have an extensive home library and know that some books are available for free online.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Labels: ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 10:05 am

2 Comments:

Hello Claire!
My husband and his brother were both homeschooled in Queensland AUS,they used Australian Christian Academy. You can register with them to cover the legalities and then use wither their circulum or another. Our Pasotrs wife is registered with them to school their daughter but they use a circlum form the states.

The web site is:http://www.australianchristianacademy.org/
Queensland is probably the best state in Aust to homeschool with the best laws! I hope this helps. If you have any questions or if I can help in anyway please feel free to email me at a.orr@bigpond.com

Good Luck
Blessings
Amy

4:52 pm  

Thankyou Mrs Amy! I'll share this info with my hubby,and we'll look into it.
I visited your blog and realized I'd been there before! I also visit Candy's blog every so often and found your link on the dresses week! Small world!
God Bless,
Claire

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home