Heart Reflections Live

Friday, October 05, 2007

My Thoughts on Holy Communion



When we take Holy Communion, or The Lord's Supper, we hold in our hands a simple piece of bread and a small cup of juice.

These simple elements represent Jesus Himself- His body which was broken- whipped, scourged and then nailed to the cross and His blood that was shed for the remission of our sins.

All through God's Word, blood was always shed for the remission of sins and Jesus was the Lamb slain from the Foundation of the world. With Jesus, the sacrificial system finished, the temple veil was torn in 2 and the way was opened before us to be able to commune with God intimately-just as Adam did in the beginning!

This overwhelms me! The nails didn't have to hold Jesus to the cross- His love for me did! God's Word says I was foreknown by God. He loved me so much, that instead of calling on God's angels to loose Him- which He had the authority to do- He stayed there and bore the penalty of my sin. He believed I was worth something.

We are ALL sinners. God is a righteous God and by His Law, sin in any degree or form must be punished- and it was- through His Son!! If we humbly come to God in repentance, confessing to Him that we are sinners and asking Him to have mercy on us and save us- HE WILL!!! He sent Jesus to die in our place! But we must believe and receive it.

ROM 5:8 says, " But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

God had it in hand all along. He called me and drew me to Himself, as a child, lovingly showed me my selfishness and pride and pointed me to the cross. How could I resist this wonderful love!

There is one other thing that I'm reminded of every time I take Holy Communion, and that is UNITY. We Christians are all the Body of Christ now here on earth. We are all part of one another, as Christ lives in us.

Jesus prayed for us in John chapter 17:21 He said, "That they all may be one, as Thou, father, art in me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me."

Labels: , ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 2:32 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home