Heart Reflections Live

Thursday, September 06, 2007

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things...


In over a year of blogging, I don't think I've ever done a "getting to know me" type post- so here you are!
Here are some of my favourite things- are they some of yours too?
-A well-worn, well-thumbed, and well-marked King James Bible, of one long in the faith.
-Museums and Antique shops
-Amish culture, their wooden handicrafts & quilts (esp. the triple wedding band pattern). One day I might try to find one- or make one, if I ever get around to brushing up my dormant sewing skills- I'm sure I will- and get motivated enough!
-Having beautiful Hymns or classical musical, as a backdrop to much of our life.
-Being home
- Staying with my hubby in a cozy bed and breakfast in the mountains, while the rain softly falls
-Cuddling & reading to our children
-Being indoors on a cold, rainy day
-Family heirlooms
-Passing stories of our family heritage on to our children
-Being in Church
-Family photos- both old & new
-Old Books. I enjoy building up our family "library" when I can.
-Second-hand bookshops- the mustier, the better!
-Front porches & verandahs. Our current home boasts a 1970's sunroom, which is a lovely place to sit and enjoy the ocean views
-The country -not the city
-The hills- not the beach
-Lamplight
-Home-baked cookies
-wearing aprons
- Family Devotions-hearing our little one's questions and prayers
-Family breakfasts and dinners together-hearing our daughters say Grace
-Get togethers with our extended family from near and far
-Love songs from the 1930's to 50's- a little Nat King Cole, Elvis Presley, Bing Crosby etc
-Clean family movies- It's a Wonderful Life, The Sound of Music, Bambi, Old Greer Garson Movies & some vintage Disney stuff
-watching Shirley Temple clips on U-Tube with the girls, enjoying the simple innocence of it & to see them mimic her & learn the happy little ditties.
-watching my husband enjoying his gardening
-Having the girls knock on the door, with flowers from the garden for Mama
-Watching my parents enjoy their Grandchildren
-Drinking tea from a cup and saucer. Is it just me or does it taste better?
-Using our good china, crystal etc
-Our rare family holidays away together
-Listening to Talitha reading and speaking French
-School concerts and mother's night
-Our girls laughing on the swing Daddy made outside
-Reading silently and reading aloud.
-Seeing our children gaze in awe at the beautiful old pictures in "Uncle Arthurs Bedtime Stories"-my husband and I both enjoyed them as kids.
-Blogging!
These are just a few of my favourite things!

Labels: ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 10:45 am

1 Comments:

I see you have an interest in Amish culture....

I grew up Amish so I wanted to ask: do you have any questions?

http://growingupamish.com

http://annadeeolson.blogspot.com

With gratitude,

Anna Dee Olson

10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home