Heart Reflections Live

Sunday, July 23, 2006

What Are You Reading at the Moment?

My husband & I came across a series of books at our local Christian bookshop-"Heroes of the Faith". We grabbed 5 of them. They are quite well written & all give a great historical overview of a time when Christianity permeated every aspect of life. I've been inspired & challenged.
I've read "Fanny Crosby", "Well with My Soul", & now I'm reading "Amy Carmichael". My husband has read "Martin Luther" & is now enjoying "Charles Spurgeon".
I'd love to read the whole series. I often think how wonderful it would have been to have lived in the time before text criticism, Darwinism, Evolution & Feminism, back in the time of the great hymn writers & revival...
But then I remember that like Queen Esther, "...who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 9:36 pm

3 Comments:

Hello! This post gave me an idea--maybe we should ask others how they prepare for/spend The Lord's Day. We may be able to glean some knowledge from others, and get/share some good ideas. What do you think? Maybe I will write a post on that next week at my site. :-)

Jessica

5:21 am  

Hi Jessica! Sounds like a great idea! I'll look forward to reading your post.
Blessings,
Claire

9:09 pm  

We have these books, too!! I LOVE them!! They are so very encouraging in our walk with the Lord.

His,
Mrs. U

12:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home