Heart Reflections Live

Friday, January 12, 2007

Delighting in the Lord


I mentioned the other day how much I love poetry-especially inspirational poetry. Here's one I wrote on the 25th April, 1991. (If you've never read through my archives before, I posted another original one to honour my father under the heading "For My Dad".)

I love you Lord Jesus, You're precious to me
The desires of my soul, all my longings you see
In you, Oh Lord, I have placed my trust
Take my life's dreams they are nothing but dust

To you, Oh Lord, I have given my life
You guard my steps & keep me from strife
Thank you Lord for the talents with which I've been blessed
I will use them- not hide them, for I know you know best

You always astound me with your love & your grace
In turn I must try to seek your face
Growing strong daily in knowledge of you
I stand in awe... as my dreams come true

What am I Lord that you should grant my desire?
A mighty warrior- with heart a fire?
Or just a child, who delights in you
You... who are Holy, and Faithful and True.

Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the Lord;and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."
When you feel you are in God's Waiting Room & your dreams seem to be put on hold, lay them at His feet and let Him become your all in all.
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 7:32 am

1 Comments:

Hi claire,

Thank you so much for sharing that poem. It's just beautiful, you can tell it came from your heart, which means even more.

I don't think you realize just how encouraging all your posts are to me! Thanks, again.

Sarah

11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home