Heart Reflections Live

Thursday, December 28, 2006

If I Had My Life to Live Over...


Another year is coming to a close & the end of the year is always a good opportunity to reflect on the year that was to seek the Lord for His plans for us in the new one ahead. If you don't know our Saviour & Lord Jesus Christ yet, then there's no better time to repent of your sins, and to throw yourself into His arms of mercy & grace & receive His free gift of salvation.

For those of us who are walking with Him, it's time to gird our loins for the coming year, get into the Word & live each day, as if it could be our last. We need to keep our hearts & minds on what is Eternal, & not get pulled down by trivia & everyday worries. Let's live moment by moment & cherish each one...

If I Had My Life to Live Over
by Erma Bombeck

I would have talked less & listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained & the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the "good" living room & worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up ona summer day because my hair had just been teased & sprayed.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children & not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried & laughed less while watching television- & more while watching life.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away 9 months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment & realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never had said,"Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.

There would have been more "I love yous"... more "I'm sorrys"... but mostly, given another shot a life, I would seize every minute...look at it & really see it... live it... & never give it back.
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 8:05 pm

1 Comments:

Hi Claire, that is beautiful and thought-provoking.

I pray the Lord gives you a wonderful new year with your family and may you always rejoice to see the growth in your sweet girls. Have a blessed new year!!

Sarah

1:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home