Heart Reflections Live

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

All of Grace




"All of Grace" by C.H.Spurgeon, is one of the most treasured items on my bookshelf. It's been many years since I first read it, and I still remember how impossible it was to lay it down, & the buckets of tears I shed while reading it. I was already a Christian at the time, but never had I heard the way of Salvation so simply & beautifully expressed. Oh, for God to raise up more preachers like Spurgeon, who don't water down the gospel message!
If you've never read it, I urge you to & I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Here is another quote from "The Prince of Preachers":
Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. It is a very surprising thing- a thing to be marvelled at most of all by those who enjoy it. I know that it is to me, even to this day, the greatest wonder that I have ever heard of- that God should ever justify ME. I feel myself to be a lump of unworthiness, a mass of corruption, and a heap of sin apart from His almighty love. I know and am fully assured that I am justified by faith which is in Christ Jesus. I am treated as if I had been perfectly just and made an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ. And yet by nature I must take my place among the most sinful. I, though altogether undeserving, am treated as if I had been deserving. I am loved with as much love as if I had always been godly, whereas before I was ungodly. Who can help being astonished at this? Gratitude for such favour stands dressed in robes of wonder.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 12:58 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home