Heart Reflections Live

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Meditations on Motherhood

What a wonderful priveledge it is to be called "Mother"! There is no higher calling for a woman on Earth! I desire so much, as I'm sure you all do, to bring much glory to God, and many happy home memories, to my children, to take with them as they grow, on life's journey. I want to leave a legacy of God's grace & love, for future generations.

It works in such a strange way! The more I give, the more I gain. The more I lay down my life, the more He'll raise me up & help me run my race with joy. It has taken life as a Christian Mum, to help me totally abhor the selfishness in my own life, as that's one thing I don't want to pass on to the next generation. Through God's grace I know that if I set a bad example by displaying grumpyness or if I react angrily when they misbehave, I can turn my bad example into a good one by displaying repentance & by asking forgiveness to instantly restore the breach. It's a good thing to learn & teach repentance & grace...

I am always inspired to do better by the examples of those who have lived before...
Dwight L. Moody wrote about his Mother...

"It is a great honour to be the son of such a Mother...I could not praise her enough. In the first place, my mother was a very wise woman. In one sense she was wiser than Solomon; she knew how to bring up her children. She had 9 children, and they all loved their home. She won their hearts, their affections; she could do anything with them...
Whenever I wanted real sound counsel I used to go to my mother. She so bound her children to her that it was a great calamity to have to leave home...
I remember when George got work, we asked who was going to milk the cows. Mother said she would milk. She also made our clothes, and wove the cloth, and spun the yarn, and darned our stockings; and their was never in all those years, any complaining... That dear face! There was no sweeter face on Earth...
Now I have the old Bible- the family Bible- it all came from that book. That is about the only book we had in the house when Father died, and out of that book she taught us. And if my Mother has been a blessing to this world, it is because she drank at that fountain."

Mothers, Mrs Moody was a single Mum who raised her brood with no help from Social Security. God was truly her strength. She mourned the loss of her sweetheart so much so that she cried herself to sleep every night for years, but found peace & strength for the morrow from the Scriptures. Let us resolve to spend more time drinking from that fountain ourselves & making time to sit at Jesus' feet, to learn to be more like Him, even when the challenges of life hit. We were never meant to do it alone...
Have a blessed and happy Mother's Day!!!

Labels: , ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 6:08 pm

1 Comments:

Hi Claire,
I do hope you had a beautiful mother's day. You are an inspiration to me, I really mean it!

Blessings your way,
Sarah

12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home