Heart Reflections Live

Monday, February 04, 2008

We've Survived...Our First Day Homeschooling!!

Well, our adventures in homeschooling started today, and I'm not at all unhappy with how things went.

I expected a little resistance from Miss 6, as she can be quite strong-willed, and having done Prep at a Christian school already, I knew she would find homeschooling quite different. But despite a few teething problems, God's peace prevailed in my heart the whole day. "Principal Daddy"stepped in a few times to help out, but I was rejoicing that the Lord helped me not to lose my temper with her (I still had to be very firm at times though!) when she resisted certain aspects of the tasks I needed her to complete.

Breakthroughs can be so exciting though! Miss 6 was stubbornly refusing to attempt her first phonics exercise, despite confident Miss 4 trying to do it for her, and when I insisted she start, in 4 lines of words she went from stubborn refusal, to sounding out letters slowly, to reading words swiftly and correctly! "You're reading phonetically, Talitha!" I cheered, and we went through the list again, all smiles this time. She then read "Hop on Pop" with very little assistance. I was so proud of her!

The best things in life can be really challenging, but it's worth going the extra mile to achieve God's best where your children are concerned. All in all, I had a ball today and can't wait for tomorrow!

Labels: , ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 7:38 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home