Heart Reflections Live

Saturday, September 02, 2006

The House at Pooh Corner


Inspired by some of the reading lists on www.triviumpursuit.com, I started reading aloud "The House at Pooh Corner" by A A Milne to Talitha & Zara earlier this year. We finished it today!! At first I wasn't sure how the girls (4 1/2 & 2 1/2) would go with it, as they had only been used to the Disney version, but they did fine. They would talk about what they'd been " reading", & even remember details from the previous chapter if we ended up taking a break from it for a couple of weeks or so. We'll start another chapter book soon-in between all the other books we are reading.

No more Disney books for us. The adventure continues...
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 3:01 pm

2 Comments:

I have also read AA Milne's Pooh books to my small children and they really enjoy them.

I really enjoy reading your blog. I am from Australia also. I have three small children and am homeschooling my 6 year old son.

2:40 pm  

I'll have to try this with my daughter. I think she's big enough to sit still for longer periods of time now. Thanks for the idea. And thanks for you comments on my blog.

1:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home