Heart Reflections Live

Thursday, December 21, 2006

What's Your Favourite Christmas Carol?


My all-time favourite Christmas carol would have to be "O Holy Night". "Bethlehem Morning" & "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" would have to be 2nd & 3rd. I've heard a few different versions of "O Holy Night" over the years. Here are the lyrics to my favourite version.

O holy night , the stars are brightly shining. It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin & err repining, till He appeared & the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices, for yonder breaks a new & glorious morn.

Fall on your knees! O hear the angel voices!O night divine! O night when Christ was born,
O night divine! O night O night Divine!

Truly He taught us to love one another. His Law is love & His gospel is peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother & in His Name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in greatful chorus raising& all within us praise His holy Name!

Christ is the Lord! Let ever ever praise be! His power & glory forever more proclaim!
His power & glory forever more proclaim! O Holy night, O Holy Night
Jesus is Lord, Lord of all, O Holy Night...

So what is your favourite Christmas carol?
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 2:38 pm

2 Comments:

I also love "O Holy Night" and "o Come, O Come Emmanuel. I guess I would only add to my list "What child is this" & "O come, all ye faithful".

May the Lord give you a wonderful time with your family! God bless you, Claire. I still think your blog is one of the best ones out there. Thank you for being such a blessing to me.

Sarah

11:26 am  

YOU have been a blessing to me with your regular comments.This is what encourages me to keep writing!I'm really enjoying blogging & getting to "meet" different Christian women from all over the world,through their blogs.
Have a blessed Christmas Sarah,
Claire

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home