Heart Reflections Live

Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Parable of the Copper Wire

About 10 years ago, my Dad wanted to recycle some copper wire, and he asked if I'd give him a hand with some very small offcuts that were coated in PVC. The PVC needed to come off before it was suitable for recycling. So armed with a pair of gloves & a sharp knife, I set to work.

The job was so much harder than I thought! Here is what the Lord showed me...
The PVC is like our flesh, & the copper wire like the spirit man within. God's Word is the 2 edged sword that cuts through our flesh.

The whole thing is a picture of circumcision of the heart! I was struggling to cut through the PVC. Sometimes I was like the coated wire, resisting the cut of the Lord to the flesh. Other times, like other offcuts, I was more yielded to the Spirit of God & the PVC peeled away with less effort.

I was told the job would be quicker if I put the offcuts I wasn't working on, out in the hot sun to sit a while. This made the job so easy! The PVC sliced away without any effort at all! The Lord showed me more. When I give myself totally to the Lord, & bathe in His light & live in His "SON", I become so yielded, that I scarcely feel the flesh coming away.
John 3:30 says, "He must increase, but I must decrease."-KJV

This little parable gave me such a desire to live this way. I pray that more & more I'll seek those things which are above, & not on things on the earth, & bring our children up to live lives yielded to God.

Labels: ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 7:28 pm

1 Comments:

I really like this analogy. Thanks.

5:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home