Heart Reflections Live
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The other Sunday morning, the girls and I got a terrible fright getting ready for church. Talitha and Zara had not long woken up and I was sitting on one of their beds with them helping pick out dresses for church that day, and packing their pyjamas and other things they'd need for a full day out.
Zara had just crawled out from under her bed getting a big bag for me which I pack things in, that they'd knocked right underneath playing cubby houses the day before, when not far from Zara's little feet, something black crawled out from under her doona which she'd kicked on the floor. It ran towards us quickly, and even though I'd never seen one before, I yelled out SCORPION!!!- The girls jumped on their beds and hubby ran in still barefoot, grabbed a plastic toy box lid and jumped on it, squashing it flat.
He confirmed that it was indeed a scorpion- we examined it, once squashed and it truly was a scary sight. I was so grateful that God protected our precious girls from being stung!!! How it got in we do not know! Our neighbour , who has lived next door 20 years, has NEVER seen or heard of them in our area. The only thing I had heard , was that a friend who stored his belongings under our house for 6 months, had found a dead one in our garage, when collecting his things.
It must be the season for creepy crawlies, but I've had enough with 3 snakes and a scorpion already!
Labels: family life