Heart Reflections Live

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Visiting Places in Song- A Just for Fun Post!



It just occurred to me lately , how many songs have been written celebrating different places on this Earth in song. Now we mainly listen to Christian music in our house, apart from a community station for elderly folk which plays stuff mainly from the 30's to the 70's, which we enjoy listening to in the car, so my listening scope is probably pretty limited!

Here's where you come in. I'm going to list as many place name songs I can think of, and then I invite you to comment and add to my list if you so desire, and also I thought it would be fun to know where you're from, and how you found my little blog.

I have some song titles swirling through my head now. I'm wondering if there will turn out to be more songs written about Paris or New York, or maybe somewhere else in the world... Now, let's see:

- I Still Call Australia Home

- Tenterfield Saddler

-Advance Australia Fair

- I've been Everywhere , man!

- Botany Bay

- Rocky Mountain High

-Country Road

- Kentucky Rain

- Georgia on My Mind

-Going To Graceland...

- O Susanna!

-Mississppi Girl

- Carolina in the Morning

- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans

-I left My heart in San Franscisco

- San Franscisco

-New York, New York (x2)

-NYC

-Springtime in the Rockies

-The White Cliffs of Dover

- Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner

- I Love Paris in the Springtime

- The Last Time I saw Paris

- Loch Lomand

-Scotland the Brave

- The Girl From Ipanema

-Blue Moon of Kentucky

- Blue Hawaii

- Moonlight in Vermont

- Moscow, Moscow

- California Here I Come!

- The Yellow Rose of Texas

- Deep in the Heart of Texas

OK, I'm all out of ideas! Now it's up to you to help me.

NB. If you're new to my blog and have just happened along, I just ask that you keep your song choices family-friendly please :)

Happy singing and typing!

Labels:

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 9:30 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home