Heart Reflections Live

Thursday, September 28, 2006

We're Back From Family Vacation


If anyone's noticed things being a little quiet around my blog lately, you're right! We've been away for a few days. We've had our first real family holiday in nearly 5 years.

When our eldest girl was 2 months old, we drove to Sydney & back, staying with relatives down there for a couple of weeks. We've realised we've been busy just living & loving & doing the more everyday things since then.

This time we drove to the town of Emerald, a mining town, in the Queensland Central Highlands. We were visiting some dear friends from Church, who moved up there a year ago with work. It was a lovely time of fellowship, & of course the children had fun playing together. My husband had also been invited to preach & that was a real treat for me, as it was the first time I got to hear him minister in person, instead of on tape or DVD, as he usually ministers overseas.

Emerald is a lovely town with friendly locals & well worth the 11 hour drive through some very dry Australian bush. It was the furtherest west I'd been in Queensland. The children handled the travelling quite well with the help of a magna-doodle, some golden books & a few stops at Mcdonalds to play.

On the way back we stopped over night in Bundaberg & caught up with my Aunt, Uncle, & 2 cousins, All of whom I hadn't seen for a long time.

It was a blessed trip & I feel Emerald & its people will remain in our hearts.It's wonderful meeting God's people wherever we go.
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 7:38 pm

2 Comments:

Wow--we are in need of a family vacation as well! My hubby has been busy, though, with work. They have been preparing for their six month deployment. But I think he will be able to take a week and a half of leave at the end of Oct.; a few weeks before he leaves on deployment. :-( But, that is part of his job.
I had been MIA as well for awhile when my morning sickness was TERRIBLE! But I have been slowly getting better in the last few weeks.
Jessica

10:50 pm  

Glad you had a lovely family vacation, and it's nice to see you back in the blog world :)

Sarah

10:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home