Heart Reflections Live

Monday, November 27, 2006

Thank You Lord


I don't know who wrote this, but it sure hit the right spot with me the day I first read it. I've had it stuck to the fridge for a couple of months now. The sentiments behind it really help me to maintain a thankful heart- which is always a good prevention against "housewife syndrome".

Thankyou Lord for this sink of dirty dishes; we have plenty of food to eat.

Thankyou for this pile of dirty, stinking, laundry; we have plenty of nice clothes to wear.

And I would like to thankyou Lord, for those unmade beds;they were so warm & comfortable last night. I know that many have no bed.

My thanks to you, Lord, for this bathroom,complete with all the splattered mirrors, soggy,grimy,towels & dirty lavatory; they are so convenient.

Thankyou for this finger-smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so badly; it has served us faithfully for many years. It is full of cold drinks & enough leftovers for 2 or 3 meals.

Thank you, Lord, for this oven that absolutely must be cleaned today. It has baked so many things over the years.

The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs mowing, the lawn that needs raking; we all enjoy the yard.

Thankyou, Lord, even for that slamming screen door. My kids are healthy & able to run & play.

Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says You have richly blessed my family. I shall do them cheerfully & I shall do them gratefully.

To my American readers, I trust that you & yours had a blessed Thanksgiving holiday.
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 11:26 am

4 Comments:

Amen, that's beautiful.

And I thank the Lord that he facilitated your move and that you are enjoying the new house with the family. We serve a loving God!

1:06 pm  

Amen, that's beautiful.

And I thank the Lord that he facilitated your move and that you are enjoying the new house with the family. We serve a loving God!

1:06 pm  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:59 pm  

God really blessed us! We only had 2 definate people lined up to help us move, as it was mid-week & many folk who would have liked to help were working. But God prompted 3 extra people to help in the last couple of days.We thank Him for each & every one of them.
Claire

11:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home