Heart Reflections Live

Monday, December 04, 2006

The TV Psalm


T echnology can be both a blessing & a curse. If used wisely as a servant, it can be be a blessing; but if it has mastery over you, then it's more likely to be a curse. Our TV could easily become a dust catcher to me, if not for Godly & wholesome DVD's & old movies. We watch some news & use a few children's TV shows- NOT the Saturday morning cartoons!! or The Simpsons!! & we don't have cable/ pay TV.

I don't know who wrote this poem, but every Christian should read it to assess if the media is affecting you in a negative way or not.

The TV is my Shepherd, I shall turn it on.
It makes me lie down on the sofa. It leads me away from the Scriptures. It ravishes my soul.
It leads me in the paths of ignorance & violence, for the sponsors sake.
Yea, though I walk in the shadow of my responsibilities to my family & my Creator, there will be no interruptions, for the TV is with me.
Its cable & its remote control, they comfort me.
It prepares a commercial before me. It plants lies within my mind.
It annoints my head with materialism. My coveting runs over.
Surely laziness & ignorance shall follow me all the days of my life,
& I shall dwell in the house watching TV & its propaganda forever.
-Anonymous
posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 11:16 am

1 Comments:

LOOOL. That's pretty funny.

And yet, as funny as this poem may be, there is great truth to it.

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home