Heart Reflections Live

Saturday, November 15, 2008

We've Gone Unplugged!!!!!



YAH! We've finally gone unplugged- our TV antannae that is!

I've never been one to watch a lot of TV, apart from the News ( except when I'm a patient in hospital!). I noticed though over the last month or so with the lead-up to the US elections, I had watched more current affairs than usual, so was thrilled yesterday when hubby announced his decision to pull the aerial out of the wall, and limit our viewing to our collection of wholesome family movies, historic and Christian movies on video and DVD.

We've expanded our collection recently, finding some good 2nd hand videos at thrift stores and garage sales, and as an added blessing , my Dad got us another 2nd hand video player, as our old one had broken. When you pay 50 c for Fanny Crosby or The Swiss Family Robinson it's too good to pass up.

This week we've watched "A Man Called Peter" (Pastor Peter Marshall) and "Boys Town" with Spencer Tracy and a box full of tissues. We also found some good Christian films on special at Big W during the sales this year. We got "God's and Generals" (highly recommended), "Chariots of Fire" (about missionary Eric Lidell), and "The Inn of the 6th Happiness" (about missionary Gladys Aylward).

It's so freeing not to have to sit down at 6pm and watch the news- we can catch the major headlines in 5 minutes on the local Christian Radio Station, and it's even nicer to enjoy peaceful family time without having to scold the children to "Be quiet the news is on!"

I'm enjoying the change already.

Labels: ,

posted by Father's Grace Ministries at 7:42 pm

3 Comments:

Hi, I just came across your blog and noticed your interest in Christian movies. I want to let you know about our new website FamilyChristianMovies.com. We've just launched and we're very excited about it. I'd love it if you'd write a review of "A Man Called Peter" for us. We've just added that title and would love to get some feeback on it.

6:30 am  

We have been so blessed by getting rid of our sat. dish. We have time to read together and just talk. I do things now that I would never have gotten to while that satilite was up and running.

I am sure you will be blessed by it also. Have a great night!

<><
Tina Kay

2:19 pm  

Jake, I'd be happy to review "A Man Called Peter" for you.
Could you let us know if you ship to Australia, what your shipping costs are, and if your films work on Austalian viewing systems, as I believe we are different to the US.
Thankyou
Claire

10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home